DMV News Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEWednesday, January 5, 2011
DMV Offices Closed for Upcoming Holidays
Convenient Service Options Available
RICHMOND - In honor of Lee-Jackson Day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day, all Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) customer service centers will be closed on Friday, January 14 and Monday, January 17, 2011. Offices normally operating on Saturdays will be open on Saturday, January 15, 2011.
When offices are closed or anytime, customers may sign up for a myDMV customer account and conduct their DMV transactions online. This new service allows customers to save time by receiving DMV information in a manner most convenient to them, and they can manage their DMV record without visiting a customer service center.
"Signing up for an account with DMV is similar to signing up for an account with your utility provider, your bank, and even Facebook and Twitter," said DMV Commissioner Richard D. Holcomb. "This streamlined service saves taxpayer money and is environmentally friendly. It allows Virginians to opt to receive their decal renewal notices through email or phone message rather than getting a paper reminder via the mail."
Customers may visit www.dmvNOW.com/myDMV to set up their myDMV account and get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to conduct secure transactions. With a myDMV account and PIN, customers may:
- Review their driving record
- Renew their decals
- Renew and replace their driver's license or ID card
- Print their vehicle's original electronic title or replace their title
- Report that their vehicle was sold or traded
- Change their address and organ donor status
- Request a compliance summary revealing steps necessary to reinstate driving privileges
- Make a reinstatement fee payment
- Change or activate their PIN