DMV News Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETuesday, December 31, 2013
DMV Closed for 2014 State Holidays
Customers Encouraged to Use Preferred Service Options
RICHMOND - All Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) full-service customer service centers will be closed on the following days in observance of state holidays:
- January 1: New Year's Day (DMV will close at noon on Tuesday, December 31, 2013)
- January 17: Lee-Jackson Day
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 17: George Washington Day
- May 26: Memorial Day
- July 4-5: Independence Day
- September 1: Labor Day
- October 13: Columbus Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- November 27-28: Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 24 (half day), 25, and 26: Christmas Holiday
When offices are closed or anytime, customers may visit www.dmvNOW.com to set up their myDMV account and get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to conduct more than 30 secure transactions online.
After setting up their myDMV account, customers can opt to receive their renewal notices through email or phone message rather than getting paper reminder via the U.S. mail.
Also, some DMV Select locations, which are operated by local governments or private citizens, operate outside of the state holiday closing schedule. There are 57 DMV Selects across the state, which process vehicle-related transactions including registration renewals, titles and license plates. Driver licenses and ID card services are not available at DMV Select offices. To find out if a DMV Select in your area is open on a state holiday, visit www.dmvNOW.com/DMVSelect.